The QLA pre-Worlds coaching program has been developed to assist QLA members to prepare for
the up-coming season that includes a number of world titles in Melbourne.
The program is open to all QLA members regardless of sailing level or the titles that you will attend.
The program will cover a comprehensive range of sailing and racing skills including the following:
1. Boat Handling – Slow Boat Control, Acceleration, Tack, Gybe
2. Boat Handling – Mark Rounding, Tack, Gybe.
3. Speed Upwind and Downwind
4. Starting – Line Awareness, Acceleration, Time on Distance.
5. Regatta Support at Qld State Titles putting together a race/regatta
6. Speed Upwind and Downwind
7. Starting – pre race routine, start routine, following a plan.
8. Golden Rules of Tactics and Strategy. Applying on the water in coach races.
The program will be coordinated by Danny Fuller. Coaches for each session will be drawn from the
• Danny Fuller
• Greg Kemp
• Mitch Kennedy
• Mara Stransky